Lynch Bages 2003
Chateau Lynch Bages
This sexy, evolved, dense ruby/purple-tinged 2003 reveals notes of smoke, herbs, black currant jam, licorice and graphite. Full-bodied, opulent and flamboyant, it is another example of a stunning 2003 northern Medoc that can be drunk now or cellared for 10-15 more years. This irregular vintage hit its zenith in the northern Medoc and in a handful of limestone terroirs in St.-Emilion. In contrast, other areas, particularly Pomerol, Graves and the sandy, gravelly soils of St.-Emilion, experienced difficulties in 2003.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lynch Bages
Chateau Lynch Bages is a famed wine producer based in the Pauillac region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine, also called Chateau Lynch Bages is one of 18 Fifth Growths as deemed by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Lynch Bages is an impressive estate measuring 90 hectares, located just outside the town of Pauillac. The grape selection is mainly red wine grapes, with 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Chateau Lynch Bages also owns a smaller plot of vineyards growing white wine grapes; mainly Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle.
The second wine of this top quality chateau is labeled Echo de Lynch Bages, and meanwhile, a third line of wines has been added, called Pauillac de Lynch Bages.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.