The 1987 is undoubtedly a success for the vintage. It exhibits good cassis richness, a solid texture, and above average concentration and depth. The compact finish contains noticeable tannins. Anticipated maturity: Now-2000. Last tasted, 12/93. *** While this is undoubtedly a success for the vintage, among the first-growths I have a strong preference for Mouton-Rothschild, Lafite-Rothschild, and Haut-Brion. The 1987 Margaux exhibits a much more herbal note than one normally finds, but there is good richness, as well as a solid texture, suggesting concentration and depth. The wine is a bit narrow and compact in the finish, which leads me to believe that it will continue to evolve and open up. It should turn out to be nearly as good as the other so-called ``off'' years of Margaux during this decade, 1984 and 1980. Anticipated maturity: Now-2000. Last tasted, 1/91.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Margaux is a world famous wine estate located in Bordeaux, France, in the commune of Margaux, off the left bank of the Medoc Region. Chateau Margaux was one of the four wines to receive the “Premier Cru” (First Growth) status in the Bordeaux Classification of 1855.
The Chateau consistently produces some of the most expensive and highly rated wines in the world; its primary line being the Chateau Margaux, the second wine named Pavillon Rouge, and a dry white wine labeled Pavillon Blanc. The estate of Chateau Margaux spans over 260 hectares, and churns out almost 400,000 bottles a year.
10,000 - 15,000 cases
First Growth – Premier Cru
Margaux/Medoc - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.