This is a stunning Chateau Margaux, made in a sexy, up-front, elegant style, with deep creme de cassis fruit intermixed with spring flowers, a solid inner core of richness and depth, but again, very sweet tannins as well as striking minerality and elegance. One of the most seductive Chateau Margauxs given its recent bottling, this blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, and the rest tiny quantities of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot should drink beautifully for the next 25-30 years. Remarkably, a mere 36% of the entire production was selected for the 2008 Chateau Margaux.
Chateau Margaux is a world famous wine estate located in Bordeaux, France, in the commune of Margaux, off the left bank of the Medoc Region. Chateau Margaux was one of the four wines to receive the “Premier Cru” (First Growth) status in the Bordeaux Classification of 1855.
The Chateau consistently produces some of the most expensive and highly rated wines in the world; its primary line being the Chateau Margaux, the second wine named Pavillon Rouge, and a dry white wine labeled Pavillon Blanc. The estate of Chateau Margaux spans over 260 hectares, and churns out almost 400,000 bottles a year.
10,000 - 15,000 cases
First Growth – Premier Cru
Margaux/Medoc - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.