An elegant yet richly fruited style of Montrose with medium body, sweet notes of black fruits, leather, dried herbs, and earth, this round wine is not profoundly concentrated, but is well-made, with excellent depth, ripeness, and overall length. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2016. *** Only 56% of the production made it into Montrose, a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, and 2% Petit Verdot. The color is a saturated ruby/purple, but the wine was revealing a monolithic personality, with a slightly pinched, hard, tannic finish. There are complex aromas as well as a sweet attack, but the sinewy aftertaste and abrupt, tannic finish may keep this 2002 from meriting an outstanding score. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2020
Chateau Montrose is an exceptional wine producing estate in the Saint Estephe appellation in Bordeaux, France. As laid out by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Montrose holds the rank of Second Growth – along with 14 other top wines.
Chateau Montrose is in one the most northern communes in Medoc, and covers around 68 hectares. The grape variety consists of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc.
Chateau Montrose produces two red wines; the second wine labeled La Dame de Montrose.
25,000 - 30,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.