Other than Chateau Margaux, the 1982 Palmer is the strongest wine from what was the weakest appellation of the vintage, Margaux. Keep in mind that today, the classified-growth Margaux estates are all making fine wines (Brane-Cantenac, Malescot St.-Exupery, d’Issan, etc.), but when the 1982 was conceived, most of these properties made mediocre wines. Palmer, which seemed very loosely structured, and lacking concentration as well as tannin when it was first tasted, has firmed up, put on some weight, and reveals a slightly rustic edge. It possesses a deep garnet color to the rim along with plenty of sweet black fruit, charcoal, herb, and licorice characteristics. Medium to full-bodied, flavorful, and surprisingly well-endowed, it should drink nicely for another 10-15 years. Release price: ($275.00/case)
Chateau Palmer is a top Bordeaux wine producer found in the Margaux appellation in Bordeaux, France. The Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855 rates Chateau Palmer as a Third Growth, and to no surprise given the consistent output of top quality fine wines.
Chateau Palmer has been managed by Thomas Duroux since the year 2004; the vineyard spans over 52 hectares with a grape selection of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot.
Chateau Palmer has been in production of a second label since 1998, called Alter Ego de Palmer. This second label employs a different process (and grape proportions) of wine making than the primary wine, however is made from the same terroirs. The result has been a serious decline in quantity of Chateau Palmer produced; from 20,000 cases down to 11,000 – 12,000 cases, per year.
11,000 - 12,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.