The delicious 1987 Palmer exhibits no sign of cracking up. This ripe, nearly opulent wine, possesses a solid ruby color, more toasty new oak aromas than I would expect, low acidity, and medium body. A charming, deliciously fruity wine, it will keep longer than most 1987s. Anticipated maturity: Now-1999. Last tasted, 1/93. *** The 1987 Palmer is a star of the vintage in the Margaux appellation. It is a splendidly ripe, nearly opulent wine, exhibiting a great deal of toasty new oak, low acidity, excellent color, and medium body. No doubt the high percentage of Merlot used by Palmer worked to their advantage in this charming, deliciously fruity wine. Anticipated maturity: Now-1999. Last tasted, 11/90.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Palmer is a top Bordeaux wine producer found in the Margaux appellation in Bordeaux, France. The Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855 rates Chateau Palmer as a Third Growth, and to no surprise given the consistent output of top quality fine wines.
Chateau Palmer has been managed by Thomas Duroux since the year 2004; the vineyard spans over 52 hectares with a grape selection of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot.
Chateau Palmer has been in production of a second label since 1998, called Alter Ego de Palmer. This second label employs a different process (and grape proportions) of wine making than the primary wine, however is made from the same terroirs. The result has been a serious decline in quantity of Chateau Palmer produced; from 20,000 cases down to 11,000 – 12,000 cases, per year.
11,000 - 12,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.