The use of new oak was also cut back in order to emphasize the fruit aspects of the wine. Consequently, the 2013 Palmer is an easygoing, fruit-forward, fresh, pure wine with no vegetal characteristics or astringent tannins. This opaque purple-colored, medium-bodied, plush 2013 preserves some of its Margaux typicity even in this tough vintage. Drink it over the next decade. Palmer’s administrator, Thomas Duroux, realized that 2013 was going to be a year requiring huge amounts of labor and a draconian-like selection. Only 3,800 cases of 2013 Palmer were produced from a blend of 49% Merlot and 51% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Palmer is a top Bordeaux wine producer found in the Margaux appellation in Bordeaux, France. The Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855 rates Chateau Palmer as a Third Growth, and to no surprise given the consistent output of top quality fine wines.
Chateau Palmer has been managed by Thomas Duroux since the year 2004; the vineyard spans over 52 hectares with a grape selection of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot.
Chateau Palmer has been in production of a second label since 1998, called Alter Ego de Palmer. This second label employs a different process (and grape proportions) of wine making than the primary wine, however is made from the same terroirs. The result has been a serious decline in quantity of Chateau Palmer produced; from 20,000 cases down to 11,000 – 12,000 cases, per year.
11,000 - 12,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.