Beginning to fade and show a more attenuated style than it did earlier, the 1986 Pavie has a garnet color with considerable amber at the edge. A nose of sweet stewed vegetables, dried Provencal herbs, sweet and sour cherries, and earth is followed by a medium-bodied wine, with the tannins begin to take over the wine’s personality. The wine was quite impressive young, but has not held up with cellaring. Anticipated maturity: Now-2006. Last tasted, 1/03. *** Excluding the 1982, the 1986 is the finest Pavie made in the last three decades. It is a full-bodied, deep, tannic, highly extracted wine, with a bouquet that displays a great deal of sweet, toasty oak, and a finish that goes on and on. There are noticeable tannins in the wine, so expect to defer your gratification for some time while waiting for this wine to mature. Quite impressive, Pavie is clearly one of the stars of the St.-Emilion appellation in 1986. Anticipated maturity: Now-2010. Last tasted, 3/90.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Pavie is a top wine estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. Located in the South West, the chateau was reclassified to the top tier of the Saint Emilion classification of wine in 2012, as Premier Grand Cru Classe (A).
The name Pavie originates back to Roman times, signifying an orchard of peaches - ‘Pavies’ that used to reside in the area. The owner of this prestigious wine estate is Parisian millionaire Gerard Perse, who procured the chateau for a whopping $ 31 million (USD) in 1998.
13,500 - 16,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.