A strong effort, the 1990 Pavie exhibits aromas of sweet kirsch, licorice, roasted herbs, spice box, and earth. Medium-bodied with sweet tannin, low acidity, and good concentration, it should drink well for another 4-5 years. Release price: ($360.00/case) *** I am an admirer of proprietor Valette, so it has given me no pleasure to write so-so reviews for recent Pavie vintages. I was pleased in this blind tasting to see how strongly both the 1989 and 1990 Pavies performed. Both slightly eclipsed my scores given immediately after bottling. The impressive 1990 Pavie exhibits a deeper, more saturated ruby/garnet color, as well as a sweeter, more expressive bouquet of truffles, Asian spices, black-cherries, and smoked herbs. Full-bodied and powerful, with a meaty, beef blood-like richness, this backward, intense, deep, concentrated, muscular St.-Emilion needs 3-4 more years of cellaring; it should age well through 2018.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Pavie is a top wine estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. Located in the South West, the chateau was reclassified to the top tier of the Saint Emilion classification of wine in 2012, as Premier Grand Cru Classe (A).
The name Pavie originates back to Roman times, signifying an orchard of peaches - ‘Pavies’ that used to reside in the area. The owner of this prestigious wine estate is Parisian millionaire Gerard Perse, who procured the chateau for a whopping $ 31 million (USD) in 1998.
13,500 - 16,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.