A 50-year wine, this opaque purple-colored offering exhibits a strong, precise nose of black fruits, liquid minerals, smoke, and graphite. Extremely full-bodied, yet brilliantly delineated, powerful, and awesomely concentrated, it boasts a fabulous mid-palate as well as a finish that lasts for nearly a minute. This vin de garde requires 5-6 years of cellaring. A tour de force in winemaking, it has the potential to be the most profound Pavie ever produced, except for its two successors. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2045. *** Making wine in the style of Lafite-Rothschild, Pavie's proprietor, Gerard Perse, has produced a wine that retains its terroir's legendary elegance and complexity, but with more intensity and richness. This is the quintessentially refined Bordeaux that is also immensely flavorful and authoritatively powerful. The color is a dense ruby/purple. Its sweet aromatics reveal red and black fruits intermixed with subtle oak, minerals, and spice. Medium-bodied, with layers of fruit, it is gorgeously proportioned and exquisite. Anticipated maturity: 2005-2025.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Pavie is a top wine estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. Located in the South West, the chateau was reclassified to the top tier of the Saint Emilion classification of wine in 2012, as Premier Grand Cru Classe (A).
The name Pavie originates back to Roman times, signifying an orchard of peaches - ‘Pavies’ that used to reside in the area. The owner of this prestigious wine estate is Parisian millionaire Gerard Perse, who procured the chateau for a whopping $ 31 million (USD) in 1998.
13,500 - 16,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.