A dense purple color is followed by notes of creme de cassis, mulberries, forest floor and loamy soil with a hint of spicy oak in the background. The oak component is completely balanced by the wine’s rich fruit, medium-bodied texture, and impressive purity, length and equilibrium. The 2013 Pavie should turn out to be one of the longer-lived wines of the vintage, drinking well in 4-5 years and lasting 15-20. Harvested between October 3-8, this great vineyard situated on the limestone hillsides of the Cote Pavie is a final blend of 65% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. Yields were 26 hectoliters per hectare, and only 50% of the production made it into the 2013 Pavie. The Merlot crop was largely destroyed by poor flowering, and there is also some re-planting going on. When I visited the magnificent new cellars, Gerard Perse told me that most vines had no more than two to three grape bunches per vine. The natural alcohol came in at 13.26% and the pH was relatively modest. The result is one of the superstars of this difficult vintage.
Chateau Pavie is a top wine estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. Located in the South West, the chateau was reclassified to the top tier of the Saint Emilion classification of wine in 2012, as Premier Grand Cru Classe (A).
The name Pavie originates back to Roman times, signifying an orchard of peaches - ‘Pavies’ that used to reside in the area. The owner of this prestigious wine estate is Parisian millionaire Gerard Perse, who procured the chateau for a whopping $ 31 million (USD) in 1998.
13,500 - 16,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.