Pichon Baron 1993
An evolved dark garnet color is followed by vegetal, green pepper-like aromas, and some sweet, redcurranty fruit. Given the laudable consistency of Pichon-Longueville-Baron since the late eighties, the 1993 is mediocre. It is soft, vegetal, and easy to drink, but uninteresting. Anticipated maturity: now-2006. *** Pichon-Baron has performed brilliantly since 1988. How many Bordeaux estates, at any time this century, can boast that their vineyard produced a wine that was among the top dozen of the region in six consecutive vintages? The 1993 Pichon-Baron displays an impressive, nearly opaque dark ruby/purple color. The pure, sweet nose of smoky wood, combined with ripe cassis fruit and spices is moderately intense. Like most 1993s containing a large percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon, Pichon-Baron is formidably tannic and structured, but also impressively extracted and rich. While it will not possess the pure sweetness of fruit and awesome concentration of the 1989 and 1990, it is a noteworthy success for the vintage. It will require 6-7 years of cellaring and last for 20 years.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.
Bordeaux Traders - The Fine Wine Investment Brokerage GmbH
Mooslackengasse 17, 1190 Vienna
Phone: +43 676 490 51 19