Rauzan Segla 1986
Chateau Rauzan Segla
Deep garnet-brick colored, the 1986 Chateau Rauzan-Segla offers a complex dried berry and leather nose with nuances of Indian spices, smoked meat and black truffles. Led by structure in the mouth, it has a generous amount of mature fruit for the medium level of finely grained / youthful tannins and enlivening acid, finishing long. It’s drinking very well right now, though there’s no rush to consume. *** A great effort from Rauzan-Segla and one of the finest wines made at the estate in many a decade, this youthful, exhilarating effort still reveals a dense ruby/purple color with no signs of lightening. Tasting more like a 5 to 8-year-old wine than one that is already 16 years of age, this wine reluctantly offers up a nose of liquid minerals intermixed with tobacco, smoke, black currants, melted licorice, and hints of blueberry and compost. Very full-bodied but still exceptionally tannic in an intense, concentrated, very delineated style, this wine remains an infant in terms of its development. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2040. Last tasted, 3/02.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Rauzan Segla
Chateau Rauzan Segla, sometimes written as Rausan Segla, is a prestigious winery located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. According to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Rauzan Segla holds the rank of Second Growth, along with 14 other prominent wines.
The entire chateau Rauzan Segla covers 51 hectares, with a grape distribution of 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The primary wine Rauzan Segla has an annual production rate of 8,000 cases, with all surplus wine going towards the second wine, simply named Segla.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.