Rauzan Segla 1990
Chateau Rauzan Segla
A complex nose of subtle menthol intermixed with black currants, cherries, spice box, cedar, and herbs emerges from this fully mature 1990. It is a fleshy, round, generously endowed Margaux with silky tannins, low acidity, and beautiful purity. Drink it with great pleasure now, or cellar it for another decade. Release price: ($300.00/case) *** A fabulous effort from Rauzan-Segla, this full-bodied, opulently textured, “pedal to the metal” wine still reveals an opaque purple color with only a bit of lightening at the edge. The wine still has plenty of tannin, but there is more than adequate sweet, concentrated, tobacco-tinged black currant fruit to compensate for the tannic clout this wine still possesses. The wine has immense flavor extraction and mouth-searing levels of tannin in a full-bodied, very concentrated, massive style. This wine is approachable now, but promises to have a significant upside and very long life. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2035. Last tasted, 10/02.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Rauzan Segla
Chateau Rauzan Segla, sometimes written as Rausan Segla, is a prestigious winery located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. According to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Rauzan Segla holds the rank of Second Growth, along with 14 other prominent wines.
The entire chateau Rauzan Segla covers 51 hectares, with a grape distribution of 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The primary wine Rauzan Segla has an annual production rate of 8,000 cases, with all surplus wine going towards the second wine, simply named Segla.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.