Rauzan Segla 1995
Chateau Rauzan Segla
This wine was consistently outstanding from cask, and I suspect it may eventually merit an even higher score, but it was totally closed when I saw it in November. Unfortunately, it was one of the few wines that I was only able to taste once after bottling. Nevertheless, it is a classic vin de garde, with a saturated ruby/purple color, and a tight but promising nose of sweet plum and cassis fruit intertwined with underbrush, vanillin, and licorice scents. The wine is ripe, medium to full-bodied, and rich, as well as unyielding, ferociously tannic, pure, and layered. The finish is extremely dry (sec, as the French would say), with a brooding angularity and toughness. In spite of this, my instincts suggest the requisite depth is present to balance out the structure. This effort will also require a decade of cellaring. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2025.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Rauzan Segla
Chateau Rauzan Segla, sometimes written as Rausan Segla, is a prestigious winery located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. According to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Rauzan Segla holds the rank of Second Growth, along with 14 other prominent wines.
The entire chateau Rauzan Segla covers 51 hectares, with a grape distribution of 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The primary wine Rauzan Segla has an annual production rate of 8,000 cases, with all surplus wine going towards the second wine, simply named Segla.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.