Rauzan Segla 2002
Chateau Rauzan Segla
53% of the crop made it into this blend of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, and 2% Cabernet Franc. An outstanding wine with a dark ruby/purple color and more power, richness, and concentration than its younger sibling, the 2002 reveals outstanding potential, exhibiting plenty of concentrated black currant fruit with some vanilla, herbs, and licorice. It has about the same level of tannin as the 2003, but seems to have sweeter fruit and more mid-palate and length. Anticipated maturity: 2009-2022 * Readers should keep an eye out for Rauzan-Segla as they have invested heavily in a new cuverie with double triage tables installed in time for the 2004 vintage. It appears that the owners, the Chanel firm, backed up by their talented manager John Kolasa, are aspiring to even higher quality at Rauzan-Segla.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Rauzan Segla
Chateau Rauzan Segla, sometimes written as Rausan Segla, is a prestigious winery located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. According to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Rauzan Segla holds the rank of Second Growth, along with 14 other prominent wines.
The entire chateau Rauzan Segla covers 51 hectares, with a grape distribution of 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The primary wine Rauzan Segla has an annual production rate of 8,000 cases, with all surplus wine going towards the second wine, simply named Segla.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.