Extremely fragrant, supple, expansive, and elegant, this fully mature 1985 has a dark garnet color with plenty of pink and amber at the edge. Fleshy, medium-bodied, and smooth as silk, this wine has excellent balance, loads of fruit, and a low acid, lush finish. Anticipated maturity: Now-2005. Last tasted, 6/02.
Chateau Talbot is a top wine producer from the Saint Julien appellation in Bordeaux, France. It is classified as a Fourth Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, alongside nine other prestigious chateaux.
Chateau Talbot was the property of Sir John Talbot in the 15th century and after several transfers of ownership over the years, it was bought up by Desire Cordier in 1917. Currently, Chateau Talbot is managed by Lorraine Rustmann and Nancy Bignon-Cordier, the 4th generation Cordier family.
The surface area of Chateau Talbots vineyards encompasses over 100 hectares and is one of the biggest in the whole of Bordeaux. The grape selection is 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot and 4% Petit Verdot. Along with the grand vin, Chateau Talbot produces a second wine labeled Connetable de Talbot (since 1979) and one very old dry white wine, named Caillou Blanc.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.