Dark ruby with moderately endowed notes of sweet black currants intermixed with licorice, compost, and some weedy tobacco, this medium-bodied wine has low acidity, attractively ripe fruit, but a somewhat short finish. Anticipated maturity: Now-2012. Last tasted, 10/02. *** The 1989 is more elegant, with none of the herb, meaty, leathery aromas of the 1988. Opaque black/ruby, with a pronounced bouquet of black fruits and spices, this extracted, medium to full-bodied wine is voluptuous on the palate, with a fine finish. The 1989 Talbot promises to drink well during its first decade of life, but keep for up to 20 years. Anticipated maturity: 1994-2015.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Talbot is a top wine producer from the Saint Julien appellation in Bordeaux, France. It is classified as a Fourth Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, alongside nine other prestigious chateaux.
Chateau Talbot was the property of Sir John Talbot in the 15th century and after several transfers of ownership over the years, it was bought up by Desire Cordier in 1917. Currently, Chateau Talbot is managed by Lorraine Rustmann and Nancy Bignon-Cordier, the 4th generation Cordier family.
The surface area of Chateau Talbots vineyards encompasses over 100 hectares and is one of the biggest in the whole of Bordeaux. The grape selection is 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot and 4% Petit Verdot. Along with the grand vin, Chateau Talbot produces a second wine labeled Connetable de Talbot (since 1979) and one very old dry white wine, named Caillou Blanc.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.