Troplong Mondot 1992
Chateau Troplong Mondot
Troplong-Mondot is performing at an exceptional quality level. Readers who have not followed the superb wines emanating from this estate (particularly since 1988) need a wake-up call. At three separate bottle tastings, Troplong-Mondot's 1992 blew away much of the other St.-Emilion competition, and embarrassed many of the premier grand cru classes. The wine boasts a saturated black/purple color, and a huge, sweet, ripe nose of blackcurrant fruit intermingled with scents of toasty new oak, herbs, and licorice. It is amazingly concentrated for the vintage, with superb denseness and ripeness of fruit, moderate tannin, and a long, pure, beautifully proportioned finish. It will benefit from 2-3 years of cellaring and last for 15 years. Once it has more bottle age, it may merit an outstanding score. Kudos to proprietress Christine Fabre-Valette, the dedicated architect behind Troplong-Mondot's resurgence.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Troplong Mondot
Chateau Troplong Mondot is a winery based in Bordeaux, France, from the appellation of Saint Emilion on the right bank. It holds the status of Premier Grand Cru Classe B as regulated by the Classification of Saint Emilion Wine.
The entire estate of Chateau Troplong Mondot stretches over 33 hectares, with the grape selection as follows: 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. Troplong Mondot did not gain widespread recognition until recent years, and many put down the success to the Chateaus collaboration with Michel Rolland.
Chateau Troplong Mondot churns out around 10,000 cases on an annual basis; it also releases a second wine labeled Chateau Mondot since the vintage 1985, with allocation of 800 cases a year.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.