Troplong Mondot 2010
Chateau Troplong Mondot
Inky, bluish/black/purple, with notes of spring flowers, licorice, camphor, graphite, and a boatload of blueberry, black raspberry and blackberry fruit, this is a powerful, full-bodied Troplong Mondot. All the building components of acidity, tannin, wood and alcohol are judiciously and impressively integrated. It is a blend of 90% Merlot and the rest equal parts Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc made by Christine Valette and her husband Xavier Pariente with the consultancy help of Michel Rolland. I-m not sure what the heady alcohol level is in Troplong Mondot in 2010 (it certainly must be in the 15%+ range), but it is well-concealed behind the extravagant, richness, full-bodied power, and pure nobility of this majestic wine. Forget this for 5-7 years and drink it over the following three decades. An absolutely stunning wine from this estate, which seems to be on a mission to produce exquisite world-class wines with enormous aging potential, the 2010 is showing better from bottle than it even did from barrel.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Troplong Mondot
Chateau Troplong Mondot is a winery based in Bordeaux, France, from the appellation of Saint Emilion on the right bank. It holds the status of Premier Grand Cru Classe B as regulated by the Classification of Saint Emilion Wine.
The entire estate of Chateau Troplong Mondot stretches over 33 hectares, with the grape selection as follows: 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. Troplong Mondot did not gain widespread recognition until recent years, and many put down the success to the Chateaus collaboration with Michel Rolland.
Chateau Troplong Mondot churns out around 10,000 cases on an annual basis; it also releases a second wine labeled Chateau Mondot since the vintage 1985, with allocation of 800 cases a year.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.