Troplong Mondot 2012
Chateau Troplong Mondot
One of the superstars of the vintage, it boasts an inky/purple color as well as abundant notes of blueberry liqueur, graphite, truffles, acacia flowers and subtle toast. Full-bodied, opulent and already easy to drink, this large-scaled wine possesses high levels of tannin, but they are relatively well-concealed by the extravagant fruit, glycerin, texture and density of this compelling Troplong Mondot. This impressive wine may shut down after bottling and require 4-5 years of cellaring. It has the potential to last at least 15-20 years. Bravo! From a 63-acre vineyard on the high plateau (called the Plateau of Mondot) adjacent to the famous limestone hillside, the Cote Pavie, the 2012 Troplong Mondot is another fabulous success. Cropped at 31 hectoliters per hectare with malolactic in barrel, this blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon hit 14.2% natural alcohol. Three-fourths of the production went into the grand vin.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Troplong Mondot
Chateau Troplong Mondot is a winery based in Bordeaux, France, from the appellation of Saint Emilion on the right bank. It holds the status of Premier Grand Cru Classe B as regulated by the Classification of Saint Emilion Wine.
The entire estate of Chateau Troplong Mondot stretches over 33 hectares, with the grape selection as follows: 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. Troplong Mondot did not gain widespread recognition until recent years, and many put down the success to the Chateaus collaboration with Michel Rolland.
Chateau Troplong Mondot churns out around 10,000 cases on an annual basis; it also releases a second wine labeled Chateau Mondot since the vintage 1985, with allocation of 800 cases a year.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.