The finest Trotanoy since the 1961, this structured, formidably-endowed, deep ruby/purple-colored, full-bodied, super-rich wine exhibits notes of toffee, truffles, and abundant blackberry, cherry, and currant fruit. It cuts a large swath across the palate, and possesses copious but sweet tannin as well as a chewy, muscular mid-palate and finish. This is a compelling effort from one of the great vineyards of Pomerol. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2035. Last tasted, 11/02.
Chateau Trotanoy is a right bank winery from the Pomerol Appellation, based in Bordeaux, France. Like with all fine wines produced in this region it is unclassified, however, Chateau Trotanoy is held in high regard due to the great wines it produces year after year.
Chateau Trotanoy only received its current name in the early 20th century from Jean-Jacques Moueix. Previously it was known as Trop Ennuie, and enjoyed widespread recognition as a great wine, whilst under the supervision of the Giraud family.
The vineyards of this prominent estate reach over 7 hectares with a grape distribution of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. On average, 1,500 to 2,500 cases of Chateau Trotanoy are produced each year.
1,500 - 2,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.