Carruades de Lafite - Chateau Lafite Rothschild
Carruades de Lafite is the second wine of the world famous Chateau Lafite Rothschild, and is one of the most famous and prestigious wine producing estates in the world. It is based in the Medoc, on the left bank of the Gironde River, situated in Bordeaux France, and has been under the ownership of the wealthy Rothschild family since the 19th century.
The name “Lafite” is derived from a Gascon term “la hite” signifying a small hill. The name Carruades de Lafite originated from the “Carruades Plateau”, a selection of plots neighboring the best vineyards in the estate. Carruades de Lafite used to be called “Moulin de Carruades” before the 1980’s, when it used to be marketed independently from Chateau Lafite. Nowadays, the Carruades de Lafite wines are distinct in taste and quality, and are much sought after in the fine wine market.
20,000 – 30,000 cases
Pauillac/Medoc (Left Bank)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.